Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Joan Wilder Art: Sean Reidy


So Sean sent me his picture, and told me he wanted to be a ghost, a robot, or either as a giant or a tiny ant-sized man (¡Gil Kane, me gusta!)
This is Sean.
We kind of both figured that robot would be the easiest route to take, and give me an opportunity for a background setting that's a FUTURISTIC SPACE FUTURE FROM SPACE!

My robot inspiration was going to be 50's pulp. Something like this awesome Jack Kirby would be too intricate, while ol' Klaatu's pal from The Day the Earth Stood Still isn't intricate enough. So I went to Forbidden Planet's Robby the Robot.

"Hi, guys!"
The background is actually taken very closely from the box of Robby toy. I couldn't do much to improve on that scene!

He also directs SPACE traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment