Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Princess Bride- The Animated Series


So a new episode of "Saturday Morning Deathgrip" is live in and, oh boy, did I not realize how terrible Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling was.  But I have dedicated myself to making art for each episode, no matter how terrible the show is.

Originally, I was going to take the Hulk Hogan design from the show and stick him in one of his movie posters.

Pick your masterpiece!
But then I thought I'd rather have a more recognizable scene, but, outside of Rocky III and, of course, the best mid-90s boat-based action show, Thunder in Paradise, most of Hogan's work is forgettable. But one his colleagues and Rock 'n' Wrestling co-stars is in a actual classic: Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride.   

So I took the character design of Andre the Giant, plus the general aesthetic of the characters: 


Dressed up Andre as Fezzik, made my own versions of Manday Patinkin and Shawn Wallace in the Rock 'n' Wrestling style, using this scene.


Incidentally, the official WWE website actually has a nice slide show of production art from the show. The animation and character designs were not exactly special, but I'm such a nerd for behind the scenes stuff, especially for animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment