Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Joan Wilder Improv team photo

My pal, Sean (one of the Saturday Morning Deathgrip co-hosts), is on an improv house team at the People's Improve Theater (Every Wednesday at 9pm, it's free!) After a harrowing nationwide search, I was selected as the artist for their team portrait.

Sean and I brainstormed some ideas, (my favorite unused idea would be everyone is dressed as Gene Wilder character but looking sad and confused) but the final idea actual came from my Woody Allen Mummy art for SMDG Episode.  Basically, everyone would select a thing or person they'd dress up as, I'd draw their portrait and put them in an appropriate setting.

The final result is here (Click to make it big):

The font is Futura Medium. Futura is the absolute best. It has slight horizontal stretch, but that's to fill negative space.

I wrote a small essay with photo references of how I came to the final design which you can find by clicking on any name.
Joan Wilder is:
Paul Gostowski, Sarah Peele, Pete LePage, Beth White, Adam Luke, David Chase, Ariel Karlin, and Sean Reidy

No comments:

Post a Comment