Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Joan Wilder Art: Beth White

Beth White was trickier than most of the rest of the team. 


Her first choice of character was "Soccer Mom," which I presumed meant the titular character from the Ladies' Home Journal produced film spectacular.

Haley Joel Osment in drag was great, but not as good as Captain Morgan.
So then she suggested face in toast, ala Jesus in toast or the Holy Mother in grilled cheese.
Hail mary, full of gruyere...
But that wouldn't really stylistically match the rest of the team. So then she decided on viking. That I could do. I found a good reference for viking armor in this jolly fellow:

Only a half dozen birds were plucked for this cosplay.
I made some modifications- I did a classic (if historically inaccurate) horns rather than that guy's albatross wings, and a fur thingy instead of a feather thingy (technical Norse terms).

For the background, the village Sarah just pillaged and set ablaze, I used this viking village recration.



And then I used someone else's personal tragedy to inspire the flames themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment