Monday, October 7, 2013

Captain N: The Gamemaster


Anew episode of Saturday Morning Deathgrip. We watched the Nintendo advertisement... er, cartoon show "Captain N: The Gamemaster." Art was challenging for me, because what the heck do you do with a generic cartoon that featured a bunch of a video game characters? So I dusted off one of my oldest tricks, the photoshopped picture (I used to enter contests on Worth1000 and Fark all the time... I wonder if my things are still out there. I did a great "More Cowbell" arcade game cabinet back in 2003.) Anyway, that's why there's a two-fer for this episode. One is Captain Phillips (by all accounts a serious film about a serious topic) is turned HILARIOUSLY into Captain N (being attacked by Somali pirates.)  the second is of course presented by George Lucas, directed by Francis Ford Copolla and starring Michael Jackson in a 3D Musical Adventure. Also, I don't know know if you've seen Captain EO recently (feel free to here) but after my visit to Disneyland last year, I must say that I was less surprised by the prequel trilogy than I probably should have been.

Anyway, please have a listen to the episode (which doesn't feature me for reasons explained in the episode) and if you're feeling generous, subscribe to us on iTunes and/or maybe tell a friend of yours to listen, too?


No comments:

Post a Comment