Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tim writes stuff!

I occasionally write for a blog called "Stats in the Wild," which belongs to a friend of mine who holds a PhD in statistics. He did the stats for my resident research project. He's a good guy, you'd like him. The blog is basically items related to practical statistics (as in statistics one would encounter in everyday life). He invited me to write some stuff about baseball, which generally means I make fun of Nick Cafardo, but I have clandestinely added more to my plate.

I saw a Buzzfeed article,12 Extremely Disappointing Facts For Geeks, and was bothered by something that happens every day on every news site that uses statistics: improper context. They happen to use a bunch of logical fallacies too, but in the end it's mainly bad math and poor context.

So head on over to Stats in the Wild to read my brilliance and hang around for Greg's stuff too.

No comments:

Post a Comment